Publishing information for non-federal clients
You will learn how to publish your notice in the Canada Gazette. All levels of government—not just federal—must publish certain notices. Some private sector organizations, such as banks and insurance companies, must notify Canadians of particular activities by law.
The information on this page is mainly for:
- provincial, territorial and municipal governments
- law firms
- loan and insurance companies
- individuals from the private sector
On this page
- Step 1: Complete the insertion form
- Step 2: Submit the insertion form with your notice
- Step 3: After you send in your notice and the insertion form
- Step 4: After your notice is published
Step 1: Complete the insertion form
Contact the Canada Gazette Directorate for questions about our insertion forms.
Step 2: Submit the insertion form with your notice
Submit your notice by email.
Email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your completed insertion form
- a Microsoft Word version of your notice in English
- a Microsoft Word version of your notice in French
Step 3: After you send in your notice and the insertion form
The Canada Gazette Directorate will call you to confirm:
- receipt of your notice
- publication date
If you have not received a phone call by noon eastern time on Monday of the publication week you requested, please call 613‑996‑1268 or 1‑866‑429‑3885.
The Canada Gazette Directorate will advise you if it makes any substantial changes to your notice, but does not send proofs for approval.
Step 4: After your notice is published
The Canada Gazette Directorate will send an invoice to the contact person you provided in the insertion form. If you have any questions regarding the invoice, please call 613‑996‑2495 or 1‑866‑429‑3885.
- Date modified: